So, you’ve decided that you want new flooring for your home, and you may even have a general idea of what type of flooring you want, but now you’re faced with a big decision – where to buy your flooring from. Though you may be presented with a wealth of options, it really comes down to two main choices – either a big-name national brand, or an independent, locally owned flooring dealer. If you ask us, the choice is clear – independent flooring dealers are the way to go, and we have 10 reasons why!:
1. Unrivaled expertise. Independent flooring dealers are able to provide a deep level of product knowledge about the flooring products they offer and the installation process. Many independent flooring dealers have been in the business for years, meaning that you, the customer, benefit from their expertise. Many big-name businesses offer flooring alongside many other products, but independent flooring stores deal exclusively in flooring, making them experts in the field.
2. Personalized service. Satisfied customers are incredibly important to independent businesses. This translates to a level of personalized service and specialized attention that gives the customer a better overall experience.
3. Shop local, support local. Shopping for your flooring from a local, independent flooring dealer means supporting your local economy, too. Locally owned businesses pump more of their revenue back into the local economy when compared to national brands. If the health of your local economy is important to you, you likely already shop local – you can continue to do so for all your flooring needs when buying from an independent flooring dealer in your area!
4. Trusted reputations. When you decide to buy your flooring from a local independent flooring dealer, there’s a good chance that you’ll be able to find someone else in your area who has also done business there. Local businesses are deeply integrated in the communities they serve, so word-of-mouth reviews spread quickly and businesses strive to uphold their positive reputations.
5. Excellent customer service. Independent flooring dealers offer friendly customer service that you’d be hard pressed to find at larger chain stores. Like many other local businesses, local flooring dealers have a vested interest in the complete satisfaction of their customers – it’s what keeps their businesses going strong!
6. Responsiveness and availability. Local business owners know that their work isn’t a typical 9-to-5 job, and for independent flooring dealers, their commitment to quality doesn’t end when they leave the office. Being an independent flooring dealer is a 24/7 commitment, and this translates to a level of responsiveness and availability for your flooring needs that you won’t find elsewhere.
7. High quality work. When you deal with local business owners who have a deep sense of pride in their work, you get an experience unmatched in quality. You’ll benefit from only the highest quality work from your local independent flooring dealer, who has qualified experience in the field and wants to ensure that every job is held to the highest standards.
8. Large selection of products. An independent flooring dealer who specializes exclusively in flooring is bound to have an incredible selection of products for you to choose from, ensuring that you find exactly the type of flooring you’ve always wanted.
9. Unmatched professionalism. The combination of superior expertise, unparalleled customer service, and quality work results in an unmatched level of professionalism from independent flooring dealers. This professionalism means a completely honest approach to business – unlike some larger businesses that promote “free” deals when they’re actually hitting you with unexpected charges in the long run, you can expect honesty and professionalism from your local independent flooring dealer.
10. Local owners, local sales staff, local installers. When you buy from an independent flooring dealer, you’ll be dealing with local staff through every step of the process, and there’s something unique about doing business with people who truly care about the local areas they serve. One-of-a-kind local businesses, such as independent flooring dealers, are a huge aspect of what makes your community distinctive. By supporting them, you help make these businesses irreplaceable fixtures in your community.
Consumers looking for an independent flooring dealer need to look no further than our Flooring Professionals homepage to find a local dealer in their area! You can use the “Find a Flooring Dealer Near You” search function to find a store in your area, and be one step closer to all the benefits of doing business with an independent flooring dealer.